Women, Infants & Children

What is WIC?

The Women, Infants and Children Program provides food and nutrition information to help keep pregnant and breastfeeding women, infants and children under five years of age healthy and strong.

Who is eligible for WIC?

To be eligible for WIC benefits in Wisconsin, a person must meet the following requirements:
- be a pregnant, breastfeeding or new mother; be an infant up to age one; or be a child up to age 5; and
- be a resident of Wisconsin; and
- be income eligible; and
- have a health or nutrition need.

How do I apply for WIC?

Call the Green County Health Department at 608-328-9390 to schedule an appointment. You can also email us: info@greencountywi.org.

FDA Investigation of Cronobacter and Salmonella Complaints: Powdered Infant Formula (February 2022)

Do not use certain powdered infant formulas produced at Abbott Nutrition’s Sturgis, MI facility

The FDA is advising consumers not to use Similac, Alimentum or EleCare powdered infant formulas if:

- the first two digits of the code are 22 through 37 and
- the code on the container contains K8, SH, or Z2, and
- the expiration date is 4-1-2022 (APR 2022) or later.

To learn more visit the FDA's website

WIC Links:

Do your WIC nutrition education online. Go to www.wichealth.org.

Discrimination Statement and Policy

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race,color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:
https://www.ascr.usda.gov/filing-discrimination-complaint-usda-customer and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) Email: program.intake@usda.gov.

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.