Economic Support (ES)

The function of the Economic Support Unit is to help families in need become self-sufficient and independent of the public assistance system. We do this by assessing the family's financial situation, determining eligibility for interim public assistance programs, and referring persons who are able to work to job-seeking activities.

ACCESS Website

Benefit applicants are encouraged to apply for FoodShare, health care, or Wisconsin Shares Child Care Subsidy benefits using the ACCESS website. Customers can also access services by phone by calling the Southern Call Center Consortium toll-free at 888-794-5780, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4 pm.

Members can check the status of programs and benefits they are enrolled in, get reminders about actions they need to take, submit and track documents, by using the simple and convenient MyACCESS mobile app. The app can be downloaded for free on the App Store or Google Play Store.

Customers can continue faxing documents for processing. Documents can be faxed to the Centralized Document Processing Unit (CDPU) at 855-293-1822 (with a document tracking sheet). Applicants/Members are strongly encouraged to use the MyACCESS app to upload documents when possible. Documents can also be mailed to:
Centralized Document Processing Unit (CDPU)
P.O. Box 5234
Janesville, WI 53547-5234

Documents dropped off in person will be faxed to the Centralized Document Processing Unit.

Southern Consortium Call Center

The Southern Call Center processes changes for the FoodShare, BadgerCare/Medical Assistance and Child Care programs. The Southern Call Center serves Rock, Iowa, Crawford, Green, Grant, Jefferson, and Lafayette County Economic Support customers. The Southern Call Center hours of operation are 8:30 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday. It is closed on holidays.

Southern Call Center Contact Info:

  • Toll-Free Phone:  888-794-5780
  • Central Processing Unit Fax:  855-293-1822 


Medical Assistance (MA): Wisconsin's ForwardHealth Medicaid plans for Elderly, Blind or Disabled provide health care for those who are, age 65 or older, blind or disabled, with income at or below the monthly program limit, and who are United States citizens or legal immigrants. For more information visit Medicaid in Wisconsin.

BadgerCare Plus (BC+): BadgerCare Plus is a program for children under 19 years of age and families in Wisconsin who need and want health insurance. For more information visit BadgerCare Plus.

FoodShare (FS): Provides FoodShare to most households that meet certain financial and non-financial requirements helping low-income families and individuals buy nutritious food. For more information visit FoodShare Wisconsin

Family Planning Waiver Program (FPWP): This plan provides certain family planning-related services. The purpose of this plan is to stop unplanned pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). To be eligible, you must be a U.S. citizen or have proof of immigration status, be at least 15 years old, not be getting ForwardHealth for the Elderly, Blind or Disabled or BadgerCare Plus Standard or Benchmark Plans, and have a family gross income of no more than 300% of the federal poverty level (for minors, parent income is not counted). For more information visit Family Planning.

Caretaker Supplement (CTS): Wisconsin Caretaker Supplement (CTS) is a cash benefit available to parents who are eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments. Caretaker Supplement is not a Medicaid benefit; it pays cash only to eligible parents. For more information visit Caretaker Supplement (CTS).

Wisconsin Shares - Child Care Subsidy Program: Helps families with the cost of childcare while their parents are at work, work, and school, and/or participating in a work program.

To complete an application for any of the programs listed above visit: 

Child Care: If you are interested in becoming a Certified Child Provider in Green County please call Community Coordinated Child Care Inc. (4-C) at 800-750-5437 or email for information. You can also find additional information on their website.

To find a licensed or certified child care provider go to the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families YoungStar website.

Wisconsin Works (W-2): Wisconsin Works, also known as W-2, can help you get a job and find a career path to support your family. If you want to build you skills and start or continue a career path, Wisconsin Works provides real work experience and training, access to education, job interview preparation, and job matching. You may also get cash assistance while preparing for work.

The contact agency for Green County is:
Forward Services Corporation
1009 18th Avenue, Unit B103
Monroe WI 53566
Phone: 608-750-1562

For more information about Economic Support Programs call 608-328-9344 or fax 608-328-9487.